THE DAY YAR'ADUA DIED....

This is not fiction.

The day Yar'adua died was the day I became brilliant........

It was morning again. A morning that lacked sunshine; One we expected to be very cold but would rather be heated up by the impending news, or should I say the awaiting shame?
That very morning, teacher had announced our chemistry results; The whole class was so silent that we could clearly hear each other's thoughts. "I have never seen a class like this before". Teacher stated. "I have been teaching for almost 30 years now, and (he sighed) this is totally new to me.... You all failed woefully. Nobody made it, including you Joshua"

The words 'including you Joshua' awakened dizziness in me. In perturbation, I felt like shutting my eyes, but i still managed to keep them open, because he was looking straight at me. Did he say Including me? I nearly died. Nearly. At first, i thought of crying. But on the same spot i concluded taking an ice cream to cool my nerves would be better.
The thoughts of how brilliant my brothers used to be when they were in the same class gripped me. How my brothers were the most respected students in the same school doubled my misery.

"Joshua, you should see me after the class". He said staring straight at me. "your brothers used to be my best students. You're just too different".
I almost peed in my pant as I could see all eyes on me, the class whispering words I wouldn't hear. It wasn't a nice class I had. It was a bad morning!

-----------------------------------------------------

"Joshua, I don't think you can be smart" Mr Adebisi said without care.
"You can't be brilliant I̊ think. You elder brothers don pack the whole brain wey dey ona family".
As I heard those words, my heart broke; my eyes became sore and my head ached. The weight of my body used to be exactly enough for my legs to bare, Until that of the shame and pitiable thoughts in my head became just too much for those tiny legs. Fainting would have eased me. I̊ could remember looking into his eyes searching for sincerity, he nodded as if to show he was aware of my contemplation.

But through my sufferings at that moment, somethings sustained me - The words of my mum, the prayers of my father, my encouraging brothers, the stubbornness in my spirit that made me disbelief the idea that I couldn't be brilliant; These helped me that moment to disregard my teacher's words.
I ̊believed my mother's words. I̊ believed in my father's prayers. I believed I'm the best like my brothers do say. I believed i can do anything like God told me.
I determined to be just one thing - The best I can ever be!
My journey of excellence began that day Yar'adua died. I didn't start to be the best that day, I have always been the best. But I might not have been able to bring out that best if I had believed the contrary words and doubted my ability. And truly,  there's nothing I can't do now! I sit for professional exams without fear.
The past is something I shouldn't forget as I focus on my journey to stardom. So one day I can look back and tell encouraging stories to those coming behind; telling them there's nothing they can't do.

The journey began that morning Yar'adua died.



NB: Everyone was born to shine. But we all have our sphere of greatness and stardom; only few people discover that sphere. And the few ones who do are the ones we celebrate.
So you gotta keep believing in you. Because nobody knows what you carry except you.
No one is gonna believe for you. Only you can do.

JUST BELIEVE!



Dear esteemed reader, if you enjoyed the above writing and you want to see more of it, I would appreciate you follow my writings by dropping your email in the 'follow by email' box. A million thanks to you for reading. I love you. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts