April Fool

The day Papa Tochi bought a new TV, we rejoiced and sang praises unto the Lord.

My eyes turned red like Jesus' wine, with my veins staring out through my arms. I was ready to kill him, I mean how could he? How could he have lied to me that Real Madrid signed Messi a day before El classico? What effrontery? My own club sign Messi? Ugo must have drank poorly processed palm wine to deem that fit for a nice joke. Stupid boy.
Well, I didn't kill him, I forgave him; he's the only brother I have left. If not, I would have..... Let me just forget about it.

Tomorrow is El classico and Papa Tochi's TV got destroyed by the troublesome Tochi himself. "That boy na case" Ugo told me the day I heard the sad news of Papa Tochi TV's demise. Our TV was gone. Did I say our TV? Well yes, we watched every live match through Papa Tochi's TV, FROM OUR ROOM. Now don't ask me how we could watch another man's TV from our room. Good.

I was gladly eating my roasted yam when Ugo came in and was too happy to calm down. He came inside our one room jumping and almost fell  my yam from the stool. "You better dey well if you no want wahala" I warned him. He continued to boil "guy kpomkpi.... Relax" he said. "Papa Tochi don buy new TV!"
Those words ehanced my vision like the Apple in the garden enhanced Eve's. Everything in the room became brighter. "You mean am?" I exclaimed and Ugo nodded. "Oh God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You are great" I couldn't control the joy. I danced and Ugo joined me. At a point, the dance became intense and I hit my head against the door in our small room. "chineke!" I exclaimed.

I woke up from my dream with the word chineke falling off my mouth. So it was a dream. Damn! I looked up and saw Ugo smiling at me. "Weytin happen?" I questioned angrily. He shook his head and muttered a word that could make me commit murder "April fool!" He said with a mischievous laughter.

Someone better record Ugo's time of death as 8:00 am April 1st 2016.

Joshua Levites.

Happy new month everyone.


Dear esteemed reader, if you enjoyed the above writing and you want to see more of it, I would appreciate you follow my writings by dropping your email in the 'follow by email' box. A million thanks to you for reading. I love you. 

Comments

Popular Posts