Sodom and Gomorrah

Part 1: The Death

̊I woke up dead.

Like a new born, i recognised nothing. I saw trees bowing at the command of the breeze. Some of the birds were dancing in the face of the sky, while others sat on the trees, singing, each of them their favourite tunes.

I tried speaking but my jaws were tired. My breasts spread east and west across my chest, like two rivers parting in disagreement. My face was half-covered with my scattered braided hair while my weak bones cried. My eyes then starred at the blue sky as I sought remembrance. 

Still numb, I stood on my feet, looking around to see if I could find anything familiar in my scary state. "Where am I?" I muttered with a shaky voice. But deep down inside I was confused if that was the right question to ask.  And then, warm tears of fear flowed.

On the same spot I screamed "Help!" as if I finally found the right word to say.

As I looked down to the ground, unintentionally, my heart pounds faster.  My eyes doubted its own vision even as my legs danced in discord. I saw a body that looks exactly like me lying helplessly on the ground with eyes closed and mouth wide open. Dumbfounded, I moved closer to check if there's any life remaining in what looks like my twin. I asked silent questions inside as I moved closer - step by step.

"You are dead", a voice came from behind. I turned swiftly as if to say there was a rotor under the sole of my feet.
"Wh... Who are you?" I questioned a strange man standing before me with a great measure of fear manifesting in my voice. The man stepped closer even as I moved backwards.

"I am Sodom ND 119." He said with a faint smile. "I died about two weeks ago. You're very welcome to the land of the dead." He spoke on, gesticulating. "Pardon me beautiful lady, what's the name?" Sodom asked after a brief introduction of himself.

I kept silent for a while, thinking of what next to do. I feigned to disregard the reality that I am now dead. The burden of accepting being dead would be too much to bear.

"I am Gomorrah Lotes" I replied. "Did I just hear you say I am dead?" I rhetorically questioned and shook my head in disbelief even though it looks like the truth. Sodom smiled and drew near while he pats me on the back. "it's okay. You dont have to worry. Can you recollect  how it happened. I mean how you died?" My eyes then turned sore. The reality that I am now dead cannot be waved anymore. I struggled to find answers to Sodom's questions "I don't know, I don't know!" I said amidst tears.  

I wiped my tears with my right palm and ended the short silence "How is this place like?" I asked, starring straight at Sodom. 
"This is Seoul, land of the dead...." Sodom was still speaking while a soft music from afar interrupted. "Do you throw parties here" I asked Sodom.  "No we dont" he scoffed waving his first finger, "the RDs approach" I seemed confused "the RDs?" I asked "Yes. The Red Deads. Come let's hide here" He said pointing to a cave behind. We hid.

"ND 119 and his whore, draw nigh!" a resounding male voice travelled all the way through my ears. "Hell!" Sodom exclaimed, "That's Hoodward RD1, the Dragon head. We gotta show ourselves"

We found our way out of the cave and i saw an ugly man with a bald head, short and having a long beard. He stood in front of another group of ugly men looking the same like him. "That's him. That's Hoodward." Sodom said into my ears.
"Who is she?" Hoodward questioned with an angry look written all over his face. "An unregistered newly dead sire, I was going to present her before the Red-dead council Tonight" Sodom replied with a great measure of respect.

Hoodward stared for some seconds and spoke strange words before commanding an ugly dwarf "register her!". The man nodded and stepped forward. He walked round me, pronouncing some spell as he looked at my forehead. "She's Gomorrah ND 200 sire". He said facing Hoodward.  "That's your fucking name now." The ugly dwarf said to me with a wicked smile.

I was already sick of their boring drama, but the unreasonable naming ceremony further angered me. "That's not my fucking name!" I yelled at the ugly dwarf. Sodom was trying to calm me before a voice interrupted  "seize her!". It was Hoodward.
Some strange men held me by my hand as I struggled to let myself free. 

A mighty hand hit me on the face and I died again.


Dear esteemed reader, if you enjoyed the above writing and you want to see more of it, I would appreciate you follow my writings by dropping your email in the 'follow by email' box. A million thanks to you for reading. I love you. 

Comments

Popular Posts