SACRIFICE

I set me on fire for you,
Burning away till I'm all gone.
Till there's nothing left of me.
Pieces of me afloat in the air,
While the smell of my burning knocks at the door of your nostrils, Dying to be savoured.

I've poured out my content, to have you filled.
My richness all sacrificed for the deficiency of your emptiness.
Will you purge yourself of this wretchedness,
and embrace my all in gratitude?

I have suffered for your sake; Wounded and badly bruised.
I have cried all my days to have yours void of it.
I Died to have you live.
My groaning was for you,
My pains too.

Will you live your  days in the joy that I have laboured for,
Letting the melodies of your laughter enliven souls?


Darling,
Here I lay gracious,
yet empty without your fulfilment.

You are a beautiful vessel that needs the glory of  my content.
My emptiness is for your fullness.

Possess me.





Comments

Popular Posts