The Devil Is In Love With Me

The Devil is in love with me.

The other day
His eyes greeted mine.
Now, memories are unburied
Just Like familiar bones from the grave
Of a once dear soul;
Memories of torments
Garnished with pains
By the wickedness of his hands.

Now,
He's willing to turn my stones to bread,
Pamper me with appealing menaces.
At my doorstep, he stands.
Daily Knocking,
Sweet words dropping off his jaw.
The devil's in love with me.

Though the radiance of his wealth
May Flash bright at me,
Causing my feet to marvel.
I will not stumble.
Though he asks me to bow,
So he'll be mine. So they'll be mine.
I have vowed
To never worship his feet.

The devil wants to be my lover
But I owe my heart to a vinedresser
Who, for my cause, rested on his knees
To wash my dirty feet
And still freely gave His all
For me. 


#SongsOfJoshua





Comments

Popular Posts