LIAR

I am a liar
Distinctive in my own craft.
I tell glamourous lies, not to souls
But to my own heart.
I have lived my own falsity,
Boldly.
Disregarding the obviousness of reality.

Not long ago
I was in love with a Queen
Who's in love with her King.
Her wowing beauty surpasses the bewitchment
Of a drifting snow shower.
I resorted to marrying her in my head
Without revealing to my heart
She's in love.

Until I met you.
The beautiful duchess
Whose heart belongs to another.
Now I found a new lie to live.

Though I have lived many lies
In the past.
Though I have had glorious futures
With shinning goddesses.
Though I have countlessly given my love
To comely babes
who aren't in need of it;
Let this sparse truth of mine
Be known to you,
That You are my favourite lie.

I am a liar
And you are the lie
My heart deserves.

#SongsOfJoshua

Comments

Popular Posts